Addiction treatment at Positive Sobriety Institute emphasizes not just short-term abstinence, but lifelong recovery. Our multidisciplinary team offers an evidence-based approach based on a chronic disease management model.
Addiction Treatment for Lifelong Recovery,alcohol recovery programs
Positive Sobriety Institute’s continuum of care:
- Comprehensive evaluation and diagnosis
- Partial hospitalization programs (PHP)
- Intensive outpatient programs (IOP)
- Continuing care, recovery coaching, monitoring and counseling as needed.
Positive Sobriety Institute takes a team approach to addiction and psychiatric evaluation. Our experts include board-certified psychiatrists, physicians, nurse practitioners and licensed professional counselors who look at the whole person to develop an individualized treatment plan.
Positive Sobriety Institute also offers the Multidisciplinary Comprehensive Assessment Program (MCAP), an in-depth assessment for physicians and other healthcare providers, pilots, attorneys and professionals in highly accountable roles.
Positive Sobriety Institute uses a comprehensive approach to provide effective, compassionate care for addiction and co-occurring psychiatric issues. The combination of therapy, holistic care, family involvement and relapse prevention is the gold standard for addiction treatment.
Group Therapy is a cornerstone of addiction treatment at Positive Sobriety Institute. Group therapy offers peer support, friendship, and a safe place for self-expression and to try new approaches to life. Research has shown that group therapy is associated with better outcomes than individual therapy alone. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Motivational Interviewing (MI) are the two most utilized therapeutic approaches at Positive Sobriety Institute.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) is a form of therapy used to treat a wide variety of mental and psychological disorders, including addiction, depression, anxiety and chronic pain. CBT asserts that what we think about our lives and circumstances greatly influences how we feel and how we behave.
- Motivational interviewing takes patients through a process of identifying their motivation for change by exploring their values, beliefs and personal goals. Motivational interviewing strategically uncovers what the individual values the most – and uses that as a catalyst for strengthening their resolve to live drug and alcohol free.
Drug and alcohol abuse damages every part of an individual – physical, mental and spiritual. Positive Sobriety Institute incorporates complementary holistic therapies such as meditation and yoga that address the addiction and helps patients restore a sense of balance, peace and purpose in their lives.
It’s hard to watch someone you care about self-destruct. Family members feel helpless, fearful and angry. Even as they’re grieving, some feel they have little choice but to try to stop caring. In family therapy, patients and their loved ones take steps toward healing those deep wounds.
Addiction is a chronic disease that need to be managed, just like other chronic conditions, to stave off a relapse. During treatment, Positive Sobriety Institute’s, Rehab in Chicago helps addicts in recovery learn new ways to relate to others, cope with stress and enjoy life while sober. After treatment, our Continuing Care program provides ongoing support, including psychiatric care, group therapy and alumni activities. Continuing Care allows our former patients to stay connected, develop friendships and strengthen their recovery.